Import and Export of Vehicles and Vehicle Clearing
Trade Ocean specialises in vehicle clearance for private, industrial and specialised vehicles and trucks that are in and out of Namibia and its neighbouring countries.
Our vehicle clearance centre takes care of all related services, including all the required temporary road permits, clearance documents in Namibia and its surrounding borders, supply of fuel or diesel, meeting and assisting drivers, supply of chevrons and other vehicle accessories pertaining to the Namibian Roads Authorities Rules and Regulations.
The typical routes used for transit cargo are:
- Trans-Kalahari Corridor (Walvis Bay to Gauteng and/or Botswana – Buitepos, Mamuno border posts)
- Trans-Caprivi Corridor (Walvis Bay to Democratic Republic of Congo, Zambia, Zimbabwe – Katimo Mulilo, Sesheke, Livingstone border posts)
- Trans-Cunene Corridor (Walvis Bay to Angola – Oshikango, Santa Clara border posts)
- Trans-Oranje Corrdor (Walvis Bay to South Africa – Ariamsvlei/Noordoewer, Vioolsdrift/Upington border posts
For ease of reference, please see below details for all information that will be required when importing and exporting vehicles using our vehicle clearance service:
Truck or Vehicle clearance procedure – Based on the collection of vehicles from the port of Walvis Bay.
Information required in order to receive an accurate vehicle clearance quote
- Vehicle Dimensions (length, width, height and mass)
- Final Destination
- Personal effects may not be loaded in the vehicles – prior consent is required. A packing list will be required
- Information required in order to start vehicle pre-clearance (scanned email copy) of vehicle en-route to Port of Walvis Bay
- Copy of Bill of Lading
- Copy of invoice
- Copy of registration certificate (or Plating certificate)
- Packing List with vehicle dimensions (Length, width, height and mass)
- Destination consignee address and contact details
Documents required on arrival of vehicle clearance cargo
- Original Ocean Bill of Lading/telex release
- Original Vehicle Registration certificate (or Plating Certificate)
- Original Invoice (Ocean freight and cost of vehicle to be indicated separately)
Please contact us for a quote and further information.